Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

things fall in my lap

Slogged the patch 1st thing but couldn't do better than an arty wheatear


Arty ear
Had pretty much given up for the day and was enjoying a late lunch when I noticed something small flying around over the lake. A quick squizz through the bins revealed a juvenile black tern hawking around - only my 2nd one at Galley - fantastic!

boy with a tern

Shortly afterwards, whilst doing me moffs, I got a call from CC who was watching a female marsh harrier over the lake. After some headless chicken moments, a couple of laps of the house to gather me thoughts and a scopeful of a buzzard I eventually got on the harrier as she soared around and gradually drifted off north-west. First one for a few years for me here.

News of a serin at Mizen Head got me seriously twitchy, and after a very brief dalliance with work, I gave in and hoofed down there. Success!!

a serin earlier
2 good patch year ticks and an irish tick in the same day - all good!

No comments: